We Care About You
Dr K deeply cares about your health concerns. She listens to your story to identify pieces that provide insight into the underlying cause(s). She provides basic health care services, teaches prevention and self-help skills, and reconnects you to your physiology and your body’s natural rhythms to optimize and restore health and well-being.
Dr K has advanced training in Functional Medicine and has a deeper understanding of advanced lab testing as well as the ability to interpret basic labs to gain deeper insights.
Having started her career in research Dr K worked as a research associate to Dr Beatrice Golomb at the University of California, San Diego. Having co-authored 20 publications, she has a deep understanding of scientific literature. Following her academic work at Bastyr University California (BUC), where she completed her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, she completed a one-year residency at BUC with an emphasis in autoimmune conditions, working closely with Dr Lisa Porterra-Perry, DC. Following residency, she stayed on as adjunct faculty teaching classes including rheumatology, gastroenterology, female reproductive systems, histology, and nutrition, amongst others. Additionally, she supervised naturopathic medical students on specialty clinic shifts, focusing on autoimmune conditions and functional medicine.
- Golomb BA, Allison M, Koperski S, Koslik HJ, Devaraj S, Ritchie JB. Coenzyme Q10 benefits symptoms in Gulf War veterans: results of a randomized double-blind study. Neural Comput. 2014 Nov;26(11):2594-651.
- Golomb BA, Chan VT, Denenberg JO, Koperski S, Criqui MH. Risk marker associations with venous thrombotic events: a cross-sectional analysis. BMJ Open. 2014 Mar 21;4(3):e003208.
- Golomb BA, Erickson LC, Scott-Van Zeeland AA, Koperski S, Haas RH, Wallace DC, Naviaux RK, Lincoln AJ, Reiner GE, Hamilton G. Assessing Bioenergetic compromise in autism spectrum disorder with 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy: preliminary report. J Child Neurol. 2014 Feb;29(2):187-93.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S. New statins also produce fatigue: spontaneous reporting as a complementary system to increase safety knowledge—reply. JAMA internal medicine. 2013;173(3):247-8.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S. 2013. “Testosterone Change Relates to Lipid Change on Statins.” Epidemiology and Prevention | Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism 2013 AHA Scientific Sessions Supplement. March 19-22, 2013, New Orleans, LA.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S. Who Becomes Weak on Statins? Effect Modification in an RCT by Risk Factor Compounding; Circulation supplement 2013
- Golomb BA, Chan VT, Evans MA, Koperski S, White HL, Criqui MH. The older the better: are elderly study participants more non-representative? A cross-sectional analysis of clinical trial and observational study samples. BMJ Open. 2012;2(6).
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, White HL. Association between more frequent chocolate consumption and lower body mass index. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(6):519-21.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, White HL. Statins Raise Glucose Preferentially among Men who are Older and at Greater Metabolic Risk. Epidemiology and Prevention; Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism 2012 AHA Scientific Sessions Supplement; 2012 March 13-16, 2012; San Diego, CA.
- Koperski S, Dimsdale JE, White HL, Golomb BA. Sleep problems may mediate glucose elevations on statins: Results from the UCSD Statin Study, a randomized trial. Circulation. 2011.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, White HL. Chocolate Consumption is Linked to Aggression. Circulation supplement. 2011:173 P53.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, White HL. More Frequent Chocolate Consumption is Associated with Lower Body Mass Index. Circulation supplement. 2011; 172 P50.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S. Pondering the ponderous: are the “moral challenges” of bariatric surgery morally challenged? Am J Bioeth. 2010;10(12):24-6.
- Golomb BA, Erickson LC, Koperski S, Sack D, Enkin M, Howick J. What’s in placebos: who knows? Analysis of randomized, controlled trials. Ann Intern Med. 2010;153(8):532-5.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, Evans MA. Statins and muscle adverse effects: a complementary perspective. Drug Saf. 2010;33(9):803; author reply -4.
- Rose N, Koperski S, Golomb BA. Mood food: chocolate and depressive symptoms in a cross-sectional analysis. Arch Intern Med.170(8):699-703.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S, Rose N. Chocolate Consumption and Effects on Serotonin Synthesis—Reply. Arch Intern Med. 2010;170(17):1608-a-9.
- Cham S, Gill K, Koperski S, Golomb BA. Improvement in sleep apnoea associated with switch from simvastatin to pravastatin. BMJ Case Reports
- Golomb BA, Kwon EK, Koperski S, Evans MA. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-like conditions in possible association with cholesterol-lowering drugs: an analysis of patient reports to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Statin Effects Study. Drug Saf. 2009;32(8):649-61.
- Golomb BA, Koperski S. Association not causation. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(11):1079.